So, here’s the premise: You are making lasagna and overestimated the amount of ricotta cheese you needed. Of course, it’s always better to overestimate than underestimate, so you bring home waaaaaay too much ricotta cheese. Now the lasagna is finished and in everyone’s tummies, but there is at least a pound of ricotta cheese leftover, so what do we do with it?
The Answer: Make Ricotta Cheesecake. (Or in my case, pancake. Just because I used a baking pan that was too big)
1 pound of ricotta cheese
1⁄3 cup sugar
1⁄3 cup flour
2 tsp vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
mixing bowl (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1) Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
2) Add ricotta cheese to mixing bowl, stir until you get it as smooth as possible.
3) Stir in sugar.
4) Add in eggs one at a time.
5) Add in flour slowly. Mix everything together
6) Add lemon zest and vanilla. Combine.
7) Scoop into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-45 mins.