As you can see Curiosity is healthy and ready to go again!! Sorry about last week >.<
As March is a transition month between Winter and Spring, I’ve decided to focus this month on baked goods, as in bread. For this week, Pretzels will be our shining star!
3⁄4 cup warm water
8 g active dry yeast
2 tsp salt
10 g butter (softened)
11⁄2 cup flour
1⁄2 tsp sugar
splash of water
1) Dissolve yeast in warm water, let it stand for about 10 minutes.
2) Combine yeast mixture, sugar, salt and 1 cup of flour, beat well, the slowly beat in remaining flour until stiff dough is formed.
3) Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place. Let rise until doubled.
4) Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
5) Take dough out and place onto a lightly floured surface and divide into smaller pieces. Roll out pieces into long sticks (forming the pretzel shape can be optional)
6) Brush on egg wash and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.