Pound cake is a very common cake, and surprisingly easy to make.
My cousin really enjoys pound cake and I have made variations of it for different family gatherings and parties. This is the most basic of pound cake recipes.
3 egg yolks
1⁄2 cup heavy cream
3⁄4 tsp vanilla
11⁄2 cup flour
3⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄4 tsp salt
8 tbs butter (softened)
2 mixing bowl(if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1) Preheat Oven 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Combine egg yolks 2 tbs of cream and vanilla.
3) In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4) Add butter and the rest of cream, mix until everything is moist.
5) gradually add egg mixture in 3 batches.
6) Scrape batter into the pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes.