So, the last recipe that I posted was a meringue recipe. In keeping with the theme, This week’s recipe is pavlova.
So… what is a Pavlova?
It is essentially a crispy and light meringue, topped with whipped cream and fruit of your choice.
It is named after the ballet dancer Anna Pavlova, and the dessert is said (by wikipedia) to be created in her honour.
2 Egg Whites
2 tbs Sugar
1 tsp Corn Starch
mixing bowl (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1) Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
2) Beat the egg whites until foamy.
3) Add the corn starch, beat until the mixture starts to stiffen.
4) Add the sugar slowly and beat until stiff.
Fill a piping bag and pipe out a base.
5) Create a base with some of the meringue. Make sure to create a shallow bowl shape with the rest of the meringue.
6) Bake for half an hour. Let it cool in the oven with the door open, then rebake for 15 minutes.