Hello to another week of Curiosity to the Oven! This week, I’m featuring pancakes.
So I know that pancakes are breakfast food, but (I guess I’m just odd) I’m calling these midnight pancakes. I like to have breakfast food in the middle of the night, anything from scrambled eggs to cereal. My brother and I have breakfast for dinner at least once a year. If breakfast is so good first thing in the morning, nothing says it cant be equally as good at night.
Feel free to change the amount of sugar in the recipe. I prefer things less sweet, so if it’s not sweet enough for your sweet tooth then add more.
1 cup flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup milk
1 tbsp oil
1 mixing bowl
1) Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2) Add egg, milk and oil. Mix until slightly lumpy.
3) Set the heat for the pan between medium to high heat.
4) Ladle the batter into the pan.
5) When the edges of the pancake starts becoming dry and bubbles are forming in the middle, flip the pancake.