A bit of an early posting this week, because guess what, Curiosity is back to baking! – Thunderous applause –
I know I’ve been pretty MIA on YouTube lately, but life throws you curve balls every once in a while, right?
Back on track: so the cookie factory (aka: the creation of Christmas Presents 2014) is on again, and I’ve decided to remix an old recipe. So today, we present to you here at Curiosity to the Oven: Lemon Almond Biscotti.
Lemon Almond Biscotti
¾ cup flour
1⁄3 cup sugar
l⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
Baking dish/ Cookie Sheet
2 mixing bowls (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1) Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2) Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder.
3) In a separate bowl, mix eggs and vanilla.
4) Add egg and vanilla mixture to dry ingredients, mix until incorporated.
5) Add lemon zest and almonds, mix until incorporated.
6) Create log on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
7) Remove from oven, cool biscotti log.
8) After log is cooled, cut log into even pieces.
9) Lower oven temperature to 375° Fahrenheit.
10) Bake for 20 minutes.
11) Remove from heat and let cool.
The recipe is fairly simple, and the double baking makes sure that the biscotto comes out hard and crunchy. If you were perhaps looking for a softer cookie, by all means, you can bake it once and it’ll still turn our nice. My father is more fond of them being soft than hard and crunchy.
If Lemon Almond Biscotti is not your thing, you can always try my Cranberry Biscotti recipe as well.