I once promised a coworker that I would make lava cake for him… so T! THERE I KEPT MY PROMISE!!
1⁄2 cup butter (plus 2 tablespoons for buttering ramekins)
6 oz dark chocolate
2 egg yolks
1⁄4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 tbps flour (2 tablespoons for dusting the ramekins)
mixing bowl (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1 ice cream scoop
1) Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Butter and lightly flour your ramekins.
2) Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Make sure it is smooth.
3) Beat eggs and yolks in a heat proof bowl and slowly add in sugar.
4) Gently fold in chocolate butter mixture into the eggs.
5) Add a pinch of salt and the flour.
6) Scoop batter (about 3 scoops each) into the ramekins.
7) Bake for 12-15 minutes in oven.
Let it cool for about a minute before attempting to remove from ramekin and place on plate.