Okay, odd question time. Is ladyfingers spelt “ladyfingers” or “lady fingers”? I’m always confused by that.
So in case you can’t tell, this week’s entry is ladyfingers. This is actually a surprisingly easy recipe. My friend actually asked me today if they were hard to make and I told her it was one of the easiest recipes I had ever worked with.
4 eggs (separated)
135 g sugar
110 g flour
2 g baking powder
2 tsp lemon juice
2 mixing bowls(if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
2 baking pans (AT LEAST)
Plain 1⁄2 inch round nozzle.
1) Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
2) In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
3) In another bowl, beat egg yolks with the remaining sugar, whip until it becomes thick and pale in colour.
4) Fold half the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
5) Fold in flour and baking powder, after incorporated fold in the rest of the egg whites and the lemon juice until everything is combined.
6) Spoon batter into pipping bag, pipe onto baking sheet.
7) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
*OPTIONAL* (If you want your ladyfingers to be crispier, remove from oven, set oven to 350° Fahrenheit, place ladyfingers back into oven for an additional 4-8 minutes.)
8) Remove to cool