Happy Holidays! Today we are making a Croissant Bread Pudding with Chocolate! I figured what could be more festive than chocolate and this recipe doesn’t take too much time to prep and only half an hour in the oven, so I like to think of it as EMERGENCY HOLIDAY PARTY DESSERT! That and the NSSSO loves it (possibly too much).
So grab a gym body and let’s start the recipe!
Croissant Bread Pudding
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
5 Large croissants
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
30 grams of chocolate (optional)
1) Butter the casserole dish. Rip up croissants into bite size pieces and put them into the dish.
2) Chop up the chocolate.
3) Combine all wet ingredients and eggs.
4) Add in sugar, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
5) Add half of your chocolate to the mixture, mix in the chocolate.
6) Preheat oven to 350 (I made an error in the video and it is supposed to be 350 not 375! Sorry folks!).
7) Pour the mixture over the croissant and make sure every part of the bread pieces are soaked into the mixture. Add the remaining chocolate on top. Let it sit till oven is finished preheating.
8) Bake for half an hour.
9) Take out of oven and either serve warm or let cool.