I love mousses. They are one of the best parts of desserts (I find), so I am BEYOND excited to be able to create a chocolate mousse.
This recipe is oddly easy. I use 70% cocoa chocolate because I like it bitter, but feel free to change it up if you wish.
1⁄2 cup milk
2 egg yolks
4 tbs sugar
6 oz of chocolate (finely chopped)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
1) Combine milk, egg yolks and 2 tbs sugar in a small pan to blend. Stir constantly for about 7 minutes over medium low heat.
2) Remove from heat and add chocolate. Whisk in vanilla. Transfer to another bowl to cool
3) In another bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually and beat until stiff peaks form.
4) Fold egg whites into cooled chocolate mixture.
5) Pour into your container of choice and refrigerate overnight.