These cupcakes came into being during Valentine’s Day this year. I have never failed to get terribly sick on Valentine’s Day. Every year during Valentine’s Day, I was usually stuck in bed with a fever. This year, surprisingly, I wasn’t sick! To celebrate, I decided to make red velvet cupcakes. Sadly, I couldn’t for the life of me get the colour right. So I gave up and called them chocolate cupcakes instead.
This recipe is actually really really easy. I decided to make this recipe because it’s Easter, and well, much like Valentine’s Day, what is Easter without chocolate? The recipe usually yields at least 24 cupcakes, but it could be because I prefer smaller cupcakes. So you have been warned.
Chocolate Cupcakes (Or fake red velvet cupcakes)
2 ½ cup flour
½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 teaspoon of salt
¾ cup of butter (softened)
2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
½ cup of milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 mixing bowls (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
At least 24 cupcake liners
1) Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Mix cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt thoroughly.
3) In another bowl, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4) Beat eggs into butter and sugar mixture.
5) Mix sour cream, milk and vanilla extract into butter mixture.
6) Gradually beat dry mixture into wet mixture until just blended
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes.