Sorry for the late update everyone! Anyways, onwards to the recipe!
This was a recipe that my friend IT gave me after my birthday one year. I received champagne/ sparkling wine for my birthday and there was some leftover. I had no idea what to do with it, until IT brought over a new recipe she really wanted to try out. So she came over in the middle of the night and I baked as she sat at my kitchen table exclaiming and giving opinions of how things should be done. At the end of the night, champagne cupcakes came to be.
It is important to make sure you whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Also, you have to be very Gentle when you fold the egg whites into the batter, or else the cupcakes will not come out light and fluffy
2 ¾ cup flour
½ cup butter (softened)
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups white sugar
¾ cup champagne
6 egg whites
2 mixing bowls (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
At least 12 cupcake liners
1) Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt
4) Blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with the champagne
5) In another bowl, clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form
6) Fold ½ of the whites into batter, fold in the rest after incorporated
7) Fill liners, bake for 20 minutes