Hello Everyone!! This week were making cake pops!
I think that cake pops are a fantastic bite of cake. Some may say that it is going out of style as a whimsical dessert, I say who cares?
OOH and Happy New Year Everyone!!! 新年快樂!!
1⁄2 cup frosting
1 pound cake
6 oz dark chocolate
1) Make a pound cake. (You can use my recipe: http://curiositytotheoven.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/pound-cake/)
2) Mash the pound cake into fine crumbs. Add frosting and mix thoroughly. I suggest using your hands, you can get the feel better.
3) Roll the crumbs into balls.
4) Melt 3 pieces of chocolate. Once melted, dip lollipop sticks into the chocolate and insert into the balls. Stick into Styrofoam
5) Once finished, freeze for 20 minutes.
6) Melt the rest of your chocolate.
7) Remove the pops from the freezer and proceed to coat each pop with chocolate. Remember to stick them back into the Styrofoam.
8) Place the chocolate cake pops back into the freezer for 20-30 minutes.