This recipe for banana bread really is quite simple. It’s one of those recipes you make on a Saturday night when you have absolutely nothing to do. I eat my bananas until there are only 3 bananas left and just leave them to ripen. You can always buy overripe bananas if you’re in a hurry to make banana bread of course.
The first time I made this recipe was when my dad really wanted me to get rid of the overripe bananas sitting in our kitchen. I wasn’t about to eat the almost black bananas so instead I went and looked up recipes using overripe bananas. After finding a recipe and trying new combinations, I was finally left with the recipe that I use.
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of butter
¾ cup of brown sugar
2 eggs (beaten)
3 mashed overripe bananas
2 mixing bowls (if you do not have proper mixing bowls, use a pot so that nothing flies through your kitchen)
1) Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Grease the loaf pan (I use the cooking oil I have available at home. You can use a brush if you wish, I usually 1 paper towel).
3) Mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
4) In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer set on medium.
5) Stir in the beaten eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
6) Stir banana mixture into flour mixture, stir until it looks moist.
7) Bake for 45 minutes, or when you stick a toothpick into the loaf and it comes out clean.
8) Remove to cool.