Hello lovely readers!
I can smell spring in the air, can you? At my house, not only is spring in the air, but so is the scent of apples and cinnamon. With Curiosity to the Oven’s anniversary looming, I thought I’d kick it into high gear and churn out some new recipes.
I’ve been having some health issues (nothing serious, no worries here), so I’ve been put on a semi strict diet (boohoo), so I haven’t been able to eat desserts and pastries (oh my aching
heart stomach), so look forward to some sketchy healthier sounding recipes to come.
But today is not one of those days, today is one of those full butter, white flour, and oh my goodness sugar sort of days.
At the Curiosity house, we constantly on the run, so breakfast is missed most of the time. So one Sunday night I was making Banana Bread and the little brother walks in and goes “That smells great, leave me some for breakfast tomorrow,” and there was the answer to our breakfast problems. It probably isn’t the healthiest breakfast, lets be serious, but I at least know that we’re eating something.
Apple Sauce Cinnamon Loaf
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup apple sauce
1) Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2) Combine flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3) In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter with brown sugar. Set aside.
4) Combine apple sauce and eggs.
5) Mix the apple sauce mixture into the butter mixture, make sure it is combined.
6) Add cinnamon, mix well.
7) Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
8) Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.